Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Into My New Routine

I'm two weeks into my new routine that has incorporated a lot more cross training. I'm putting in 15 - 20 miles a week alternating 3 runs 3 cross training days and 4 runs 2 cross training days. In my first week back I did a very hot and humid 5K and felt that I ran it very well and a humid and hilly tough 10 mile race that I felt I did a personal best despite a time that doesn't indicate so.

When I committed to doing Insanity 6 days a week I didn't realize how much that was going to help me stay on task with running. I used to run every other day or when I felt like it. Since I didn't do any cross training in between I felt it was important to give my body rest to avoid injury and looking back I agree that was the right thing to do. Now that I have cross training I can get a great workout in 6 days a week and not feel tired or bored. It's amazing and recommend it to anyone that doesn't x-train to try it. I'm sorry I was so late to the party.

My next big run is the Chicago Rock n Roll Half Marathon and I'm pretty excited about that. I ran it last year and enjoyed it while I got a new PR and I'm hoping to beat that PR this year. I really want to break 1:45.

That's it for now. I have more exciting news to share tomorrow.

Until then - Keep Running!

-Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment